The AEROBIKA® OPEP Advantage
- Reduces COPD readmissions by 28% in the critical 30-day period
- Trend toward shorter length of stay
- Reduced use of oral corticosteroids and antibiotic treatments
- Improves lung function and ventilation in COPD
- Reduces post-operative readmissions by 39% in the critical 30-day period
- Use of the device resulted in shorter length of stay and significantly lower costs
- Cost effective addition to standard of care
The AEROBIKA® OPEP device has been clinically proven to reduce exacerbations, increase lung function and enhance patient quality of life. It is designed to be easy-to-use and its unique pressure-oscillation dynamic works with the natural process in the lungs to assist in mucus clearance.
Improved quality of life by design.
How It Works
Airways inflamed, collapsed, and plugged with mucus.
As you exhale through the device, positive pressure will hold the airways open. Think of how you feel when you blow up a balloon. It is the positive pressure that holds the balloon open. Inside your lungs, the positive pressure opens up small airways that may be blocked by mucus.
As the airways open, the device switches quickly between higher and lower resistance. This may feel like vibrations or pulses which act to loosen the mucus from the walls of your lungs. The frequency of the oscillations closely match the ones within your lungs, helping move mucus to the larger airways. This makes it easier for you to cough up the secretions.
With the airways opened and the mucus moved out of the airways, your inhaled medication may work better.